I have legs, and so do my Interests


Me, with legs 😂


This is not the planned blog post, but I’ve been struggling to stick to my content schedule because I feel the need to make things clear to those of you who read the blog. Why does this matter? 

Copywriting for this blog and its socials is difficult for me because I find myself torn between sharing the exciting things that work for me while hearing what works for others, and sounding like a sage who already knows it all. I do not want the latter at all. I’m more interested in learning and sharing than sounding like a sage. I realize from the response I get on the social media accounts that maybe, I am sounding like an expert and not much like someone also in a very experimental stage of my life o here is a story of my current state (of confusion?) to help me look more human and less perfect. 

 

Before, I was solely a fashion designer working full time and now, thinking about how I want to resume my own clothing line full time.

I tested the waters of life as a business consultant which allowed me to spend a lot of time with entrepreneurs listening to everything they have tried and tested and learning from them while working with them to come up with any necessary solutions.

Those waters weren’t smooth, but they haven’t been rough enough to scare me away completely. As a result, my interests have moved around and so currently, anything that puts me in a position to work with (preferably young) entrepreneurs has my heart before anything else.

 

Above all, I’m a student still pursuing my undergraduate degree, remotely for now.


Me, with more legs so that you don't forget the point.


 

My point being, things move around, we move around, our interests move too as life aggressively hits them and makes them reconsider many decisions. It's okay. I have legs and am always on the move so I won't punish my interests for wanting to use theirs too. New interests translate to something like a clean sheet of paper or rather, a new neighbourhood. I need to do a lot of exploring- meaning, I do not know a lot. I’m learning and I learn better by sharing because teaching allows me to break things down into simpler bits for my audience, forcing me to fully come to understanding with whatever it is that I am learning (hence this blog). One thing I make sure to do though is to make sure that whatever piques my interest at any given point, I put effort into learning as much as I can about it because if it must be done, it must be done well.

 

One thing I’m struggling with, is ‘what would people say about me?’ Most often, I don’t care at all.

On other days, I feel like a loser without a solid plan because ‘if my plan was solid enough, why did it change?’ but I am working towards getting to a point where I am able to fully come to terms with my nature- ever-evolving and to nobody’s preference but my own. If you've felt or still are feeling the same, maybe we can have a chat and bond over misery or solution? 😂😂

 

Here is something that has kept me grounded as I continue to evolve everyday;

A fun habit I realized I have, is that I tend to find ways to connect all the many things that I find myself doing at any point so that I feel as if the success of pours into the other which will help me succeed in the next. I don’t know if this is true yet or not, but I believe knowledge is never a waste, so I recommend you try it too. It motivates me to do all the work I have to do no matter how disconnected they seem.

 

If you find yourself dabbling in many things at a time, definitely send me a message and we can have a chat about how I practice it while I also learn what has worked for you.

 

With so much love and hints of confusion,

The BUILDer, Shorshor

Instagram

Twitter

 

 

Comments

  1. “Things move around, our interests too move around”. Thanks so much for this. We’ve been brought up in a setting which makes us know you cant change your mind. Thats a sign of confusion or immaturity when sincerely the interests are just shifting around based on your setting and what you are being exposed to. Thanks again for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! It's very much an effect of society. We choose to not be embarrassed by our ever shifting interests but rather embrace the privilege to indulge them.

      Delete
  2. This, this right here is me put into words. It all makes sense right now. Thank you Naa❤️
    I'll ruminate on these words "Those waters weren’t smooth, but they haven’t been rough enough to scare me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I could be a source of hope to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the life fellow multipotentialite! Yup, that's what they call this breed. I had similar confusions, I tried "stabilizing" and wearing "garantee" on the many legs, thinking if they were too heavy, they won't walk. Some worked, most didn't until I chanced on "Multipotentialite" and came full circle to understanding how it plays out in my life. Like you, another thing which has helped is believing that "you can only connect the dots looking back". The dots did indeed connect when I looked back and that spurs me on. I'm open for a chat, with my own "hint of confusion" as well (I don't know if it ever goes away)
    ✌🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. It resonates sooo much with me and I am definitely open to having a chat with you. Connecting the dots has helped me stay sane as I do the many things that I do. Thank you for introducing me to this - multipotentialite. I feel seen and heard. Please let me know how I can reach out to you. My Social media handles are linked at the end of the piece. Thank you so much and let's chat soon.

      Delete
    2. Hi Shorshor,
      I'm really happy I could provide a semblance of clarity.
      I have sent you a dm on twitter with the handle @ekowmartin
      Chat soon

      Delete
  5. As a software engineer turned chef, the section about connecting different interests makes so much sense. I always say I feel a little more unique because I treat food like I treated programming. Thanks for sharing and helping me realise that changing interests doesn't mean I have no real purpose of focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too for reading. I'm glad that either way, we have been able to change direction despite the feelings attached to the decision. I'm proud of you.

      Delete
  6. This is an amazing article! I’ve been doing a lot of introspection too. Having different interests or constantly shifting your focus sometimes looks as though you have no defined purpose - an aimless person walking the surface of the earth. But hey, I’m learning today it’s totally valid. You just need to make sure that whatever you choose to pursue, you do it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing article! I’ve been doing a lot of introspection too. Having different interests or constantly shifting your focus sometimes looks as though you have no defined purpose - an aimless person walking the surface of the earth. But hey, I’m learning today it’s totally valid. You just need to make sure that whatever you choose to pursue, you do it really well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts