The 'I' in BU'I'LD (Part TWO)

WELCOME BACK TO THE BUILDER CLASS!



 

Today I’m going to use this very project, The BUILDer Class, as a case study for the Part Two of the Invent Stage- Prototyping. 

 

In the last blog post I asked you to throw logic away when thinking of ideas. Please, this is the time to bring it back. Now, we need the logic to analyze the ideas we came up with and see what we can work with, AND THEN WE TEST THEM. 

 

In case you forgot, here is a reminder of the Invent goals and I can’t stress on the word REPETITIVE enough. Don’t forget that it's okay to have to come back to this drawing board over and over.

 

 

By the end of this phase, you now should have a far better understanding of the limitations of the product and a fairly good idea on the user interaction- from YOUR perspective.

 

Now let’s get into my example.

 

When I was writing out my ideas for the first part of the invent stage, as I advised, I allowed myself to go wild with imagination. Nobody will arrest you for doing so- they’re just thoughts. Here are a couple of ideas I came up with;

 

-       Organize workshops *yawns * 

-       Just tweet about it *easy*

-       Put the content on T-shirts 

-       Make a comic out of the content (GIRL! YOU CAN’T EVEN DRAW!)

-       Run a podcast show 

-       Record short clips of myself teaching.

-       Turn it into interactive games (anything to make me play is a winner for me lol)

-       Get a website (sheesh. Money)

-       Create a blog

-       Youtube Channel?

-       Write a book (PLEASE. I DON’T HAVE THE ENERGY)

-       Design interactive visuals

-       Offer to work with other young business owners like me for free

-       Zoom classes????!! ZOOM?!


Mind you, I do not enjoy workshops myself. I hardly read any blogposts, I DO NOT like T-shirts very much because they make me feel super-hot. I can’t draw and I struggle to ask people to do work for me when I know I cannot pay them yet so that comic idea, idk where it came from. Podcast? Youtube? I didn’t think I had it in me to be consistent with creating content (until I put the BUILDer Class on my socials though) Interactive games didn’t sound like such a bad idea- I like anything fun (if you cannot tell already). Book??? Out of the question. Work for free? I would love to but I barely have any time for myself. Zoom. Zoom? ZOOM???? Please. 


I am currently stuck in the Gambia and so i would have had so many reasons why these ideas would not work. 

 

What are all these? Excuses. 




You remember I advised you put logic aside? By doing so, I blocked out the part of my brain which would usually tell me, “nah you can’t do xyz”, and went ahead to write them down. Later on, when my brain was super relaxed, I looked sincerely at the ideas and picked out the things that I can at least try to do. Even if not the same thing, at least a modified version. This would not have happened at all if I had not written them down as possibilities from the start. 

I put my talents and any incapability alike aside, and just went ahead to ideate. Now, I have attempted at least 5 of the ideas and am still testing various variations of some of the ideas I wrote down

 

So here is a hopefully fun activity for you.


If you have been following my activities since I began two weeks ago, take this bingo test. I would love to know that a few of you are following the process because that is the goal here.

 

Screenshot or Save this bingo, circle any of the many ideas you have seen me try out, and then go ahead and post it on your ig story or on twitter. Make sure to mention me (@builderclass) for both platforms. If you don't have access to any of the social but still want to enter, you can email me at shorshorburgesson@gmail.com.


Have fun!

Business Bingo Game
Screenshot/Save to post



NB. I would choose any 3 participants to join my trial class for free where I will personally go through the BUILD process with you, using your actual business ideas/problems/scenarios and the Vol.2 sections of each of the BUILD steps that will be launched for sale later this year.  You will also get the chance to contribute valuable ideas to the various sub-modules before they are finally launched.


Thank you so much for reading today's post and I can't wait to begin the next stage, 'L' with you next week!


Kindly leave comments and feedback below if you love and have some suggestions for me!



Have a lovely rest of the week and weekend!


Comments

  1. Most ideas i have are either average or to me,doesn't make sense but at this stage i found out that jotting them down and now analysing will do me more good.Very educative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you find this very helpful. And yes, the big ideas we see came from 'average' ones too. Seriously.

      Delete
  2. Interesting reading for all ages. It is never late to try something new, as long as there is life.Keep ideas aglow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I am glad anyone can understand this. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Again great content very informative and interactive lol I mean alone but it’s as if I’m having a conversation. Usually excuse set us back from what we can actually achieve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you love it. That is the goal- to sound like i'm speaking to you. See you next post!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts